The Orioles have acquired Francisco Rodriguez for Nick Delmonico.

Greg

Do you like the Francisco Rodriguez trade?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Francisco Rodriguez trade?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just heard it on MLBN. Not sure I'm that crazy about KRod. Wasn't Delmonico a good prospect?

I thought the same...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Orioles were initially reluctant to trade prospects, including Delmonico, ranked as fifth-best Os prospect entering the season. But need RHP</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

">July 24, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• We didn’t platoon them before because we had holiday or kemp up. Now that we have a true backup cf option and Mateo doesn’t have to be available as emergency cf (and one of them HAS to start every day with westburg and Gunnar the only other infielders), I fully expect to see a platoon anytime westburg and Gunnar are playing.    edit: agreed we tend to not utilize Urias for reverse splits, but that is partly because we have soooooooo many left handed options and no righties. Given the current roster makeup, they kind of have to platoon unless you just close your eyes and pick one each day. This is the first time I’m aware they’ve started Mateo against a righty, so I expect the platoon as long as holida is down (assuming no other infielders are called up or claimed)
    • I mean Stowers could have been traded if we had no plans to play him. He has lost his prospect stays now due to his age. It’s not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things because the org has an abundance of young talent. But it definitely sucks for him. Those guys only have so many years to maximize earning potential.
    • I hope Means will get stronger as the season goes along, but I can also see “nothing left” as a possibility too. Worst case, he will always have the no-hitter at Seattle.
    • Bradish is arguably our best starter if he is anything close to what he showed last year. Irvin has been great the last two times out, but I’d take my chances with a (seemingly) healthy Bradish over Irvin any day of the week.  You can argue that Bradish should be eased in, but I don’t think they’re worried about that for a guy that pitched in meaningful games last year and started game 1 of the playoffs. And while NYY are a solid offensive team, it’s not like they’re ATL, LAD, TEX, or us. With a guy like him, if he’s actually ready, he should pitch. 
    • You said “Hyde has already shown he’s going with the veteran over the rookie”.     Obviously, not always.  Hays is making 6M and has been a key part of this team.  Of course they prefer him in a reserve role to some rookie.
    • Likely because there aren't 26 players better than him on the 40-man roster right now. Yes, he's off to a terrible start, but the point still stands.
    • Hernaiz and Nevin with knocks yesterday 
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now